Indexing Plugs and Washers

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed Nov 17 1999 - 14:20:04 EST

Quick question(hopefully): When trying to index plugs, one would ultimately
want the gap of the plug facing up towards the top of engine right? I was
curious if the extra step might be worth it to try out when I put in the
Autolite plugs tonight to replace my Champion Truck Plugs. I have plenty of
indexing washers. Also, another quick note(dont laugh that hard)....but
those 'washers' that come with plugs, are those really supposed to be used
when installing the plugs? What do they do?
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6; MSD 6-Offroad Ignition, MSD 8.5MM Super Conductor Wires,
Accel Super Coil, Borg Warner Select Brass Cap/Rotor