Re: Re: Flexalite Fan, General Install

From: GS- (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 17 1999 - 15:19:16 EST

John,
I layed the fan down in a diagonal configuration to
see if it would work. I couldn't get the fan to fit flush
with the radiator in this position. So the fan would not
seal very good. I know a good seal will help cool the A/C
exchanger coil in front of the radiator. I think I remember
someone trying the diagonal mounting method as well but didn't
hear the outcome. Maybe we need to repost this question to
the DML to find out who did it??. Also just for reference,
I noticed that the top 1/4 of the radiator gets alot of air
flow because this area had a concentration of bugs. This led
me to position the fan about 4 inches or so below the top of
the radiator. So far this is keeping the radiator very cool.
BTW, the overlap is not much at all and with the fans sealed
on the side, it should pull more air from the frontal area.
I was amazed how much airflow I was getting just sticking my
hand if front of the A/C coil near the bottom and mid section.
These fans really do move the air. If the 220 were a little
smaller, a vertical mount would have been ideal for the Dakota.

GS -