Re: 2WD Winter tire questions(non Dak)

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed Nov 17 1999 - 20:16:45 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: <SS454454@aol.com>
To: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 1999 4:54 PM
Subject: Re: DML: 2WD Winter tire questions(non Dak)

> Well Kyle i used BFG all terrains when i used to drive up to reno in the
winter on 395. they were AWESOME in the wet and snow. They wore out after 60
000 miles but i rotated them often. The bfg are great but i wouldnt go
over a 33. i used to run 35s and i had sidewall bubbles a few times. other
thasn that they were great tires. Of course you can always get a blizzak or
a dedicated snow tire but a good all terrain is enough. You can always
have the all terrain tire siped for greater traction. I made a tool and i
can shpow you how to do it if there arent any shops that have a tire siping
machine. And anyone else who wants to sipe tires.
> Rob

Rob,
I know the the BFG AT's are great tires, but once again, I highly doubt they
make them for 14" rims, nonetheless for the stock size she needs.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6