Re: Re: Re: RE: Is 30x10.5x15'sTOO BIG!!!

From: SS454454@aol.com
Date: Fri Nov 19 1999 - 18:45:14 EST

In a message dated 11/19/1999 3:10:32 PM Pacific Standard Time,
walt_felix@hotmail.com writes:

<< I'm not sure on a 97+ dakotas, but on the pre 97's, the 2wd had the rear
 axle above the springs and the 4x4 had it below the springs, giving the 4x4
 a few extra inches of clearance. I don't think thirtys will fill on a 2wd
 without rubbing. >>

Theyll fit go to <A HREF="http://4lo.com/">4LO.COM: On-Line Gear/Tire Size
Calculators</A> and they have a tire size calculator. the difference is
like 1 1/2 inch if that. remember the 30s arent really 30 inches tall. My old
33 were only 31.5 inches tall and my 35 were 33 inches tall. The 30 should
fit no problem. they just look bigger but most people lean them up against
the truck and they say it wont fit its too tall. You have to remember that
when the tire is actually on the truck and youre measuring against a tire
thats off the truck youre doing a false measurement. if the tire is taller
than the one on the truck when you install the taller tire youll only
actually gain 1/2 the height because lets say the tire is 2 inches tall. Well
1 inch would be the actual lift since the 2 inches gets split in half. the 30
should fit no problem at all
Rob