Touble Starting

From: Wesley Beck (dakotaslt99@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Nov 19 1999 - 20:41:06 EST

I have recently started having trouble starting my Dakota. It only happens
when my truck has been sitting for a while not running. My current mods are
R&D throttle body, 180 stat, Gibson cat-back, and a homemade intake (3 inch
pipe and 9" cone). When I start my truck, it cranks but immediately dies.
It will do this several times until it finally smoothes out and runs normal.
  I can start it and give it gas and it runs fine as long as I don't let it
idle. It is a 99 cc 318 auto. Any help would be appreciated.