RE: Re: Got 'er back

From: Nate Johnson (natedak2k@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Nov 22 1999 - 11:13:07 EST

I've noticed the clunk on my D2K. Usually in reverse but sometimes into
1st or 2nd. I've always thought it was normal. I thought it was the
driveline/gears "loading" and never really thought much of it.

>Mike - Hey, I've got the "clunk" too, but not only is it when shifting
>into
>reverse (which has been very difficult to do since day one), but also
when
>taking off from 1st gear, and subsequent shifts to 2nd & 3rd. (4th & 5th
>gears don't clunk for some reason.) The clunk seems to coming from the
>rear
>end, but 67,000 miles later nothing has gone wrong with the tranny
because
>of this. I think it's normal, but my mechanic did say my rear diff is
>leaking a little bit. :(
>
>Jon W. '94 CC SLT V6 5spd

=====
Nate, Ogden UT
00 Dakota CC 4X4, LSD, 3.92 Rear, 4.7L/287ci, Forest Green
Extang BlackMax Tonneau
"D2K"