tire size

From: Remy Saville (remy@home.com)
Date: Mon Nov 22 1999 - 16:56:47 EST

I'm very sorry, I recently asked this question and saved the responces,
but I accedently deleted them when I cleaned out my email folders.

I've got a 93 Dakota 4x4 sport, what is the largest tire I can fit on my
100% stock truck with no rubbing at all, or very minor rubbing (I really
hate parking it already..)? I've found a deal on slightly used 31" BFG
MTs.

BTW to the guy who asked if raised trucks are disciminated against like
lowered ones. Yes, to some extent. However most people who raise their
trucks do it for offroading, not for looks. Taking a new truck in the
bush is just going to destroy its resale value once it is all dented and
scratched, so you don't see too many new trucks seriously raised for
that reason :) For the new raised trucks you see, yes, I've heard
people be told that their stereo stopped working because they raised
their truck (everybody knows that a raised truck must have a stiffer
ride and it would be impossible to buy a kit with better than stock
variable rate shocks and springs and have a softer/better ride than
stock... sigh..), but the flip side to that coin is I've also heard some
dealers will sell trucks raised with full warrenties. I guess that just
enforces what everybody else is saying, you just got to find the right
place to take your money :)