TRAILMASTER Update-Cuttin' the Fenders!!!

From: Killerdak@aol.com
Date: Tue Nov 23 1999 - 11:32:41 EST

Well, for those that have been following this thread, I've recently put a 4"
TM lift, and a 2" Body lift on my '96 Dak. I put 33" MT's on it last week,
and they rubbed on the front fenders at full turn.

Well, SAWZALL to the rescue! We did a little trimming off the bottoms of the
front fenders and problem solved! Full turns, no rub.
This truck looks awesome!! I am definitely getting a LOT of looks and
double-takes in traffic-I love it!!! Will post a picture as soon as I get
them.

Now, a final touch will be to trim the rear fenders slightly to allow for
articulation, and then cover up the trimming with some aftermarket fender
flares. Gen II stock size is too narrow, I need something wider to fit. I was
thinking of ordering fender flares for a Gen III Dak (since they're a little
wider), then cutting the body on my Gen II to fit them. The cutting would be
concealed by the new trim. It won't be a perfect fit, but I'm thinking with a
little work, I can make it look decent. Thoughts?

This truck kicks ass!!

Dave Kilian -- Clayton, NC
'96 Dakota CC Sport 4x4 3.9L 5-spd
4" TM susp. lift, 2" Body lift, 33" BFG MT's, Brush guard w/ Hellas, Tow
hooks, Tool Box, Sunroof, Cobra 18 CB, 4' Firestik II, Alpine 6-disc CD
Changer/Head Unit/amp, JBL speakers, Rhode Gear bike mount, Saris roof rack,
custom-welded rock rails, and a white dog named Jake in the passenger seat.
84,000+ miles.