Re: TRAILMASTER Update-Cuttin' the Fenders!!!

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Tue Nov 23 1999 - 12:12:04 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: <Killerdak@aol.com>
To: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 1999 10:32 AM
Subject: DML: TRAILMASTER Update-Cuttin' the Fenders!!!

> Well, for those that have been following this thread, I've recently put a
4"
> TM lift, and a 2" Body lift on my '96 Dak. I put 33" MT's on it last week,
> and they rubbed on the front fenders at full turn.
>
> Well, SAWZALL to the rescue! We did a little trimming off the bottoms of
the
> front fenders and problem solved! Full turns, no rub.
> This truck looks awesome!! I am definitely getting a LOT of looks and
> double-takes in traffic-I love it!!! Will post a picture as soon as I get
> them.
>
> Now, a final touch will be to trim the rear fenders slightly to allow for
> articulation, and then cover up the trimming with some aftermarket fender
> flares. Gen II stock size is too narrow, I need something wider to fit. I
was
> thinking of ordering fender flares for a Gen III Dak (since they're a
little
> wider), then cutting the body on my Gen II to fit them. The cutting would
be
> concealed by the new trim. It won't be a perfect fit, but I'm thinking
with a
> little work, I can make it look decent. Thoughts?

First off man, wow......jaw droping wow......I bet that Dak looks great. How
does the Dak feel now after the 4"/2" Lifts and the 33s? Any handling
problems or anything else? Are you going to go get you Dak's front end
aligned now?How about performance-wise, did the 33's really kill the V6ers
power? Concerning the fender flares, I would just buy some flares which come
by the roll/ft and put em on, try Bushwacker or JC Whitney catalog for this.
Sorry for the questions, but I can't wait till spring time......
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6