Re: Re: TRAILMASTER Update-Cuttin' the Fenders!!!

From: Killerdak@aol.com
Date: Tue Nov 23 1999 - 12:58:06 EST

In a message dated 11/23/99 12:14:00 PM, grndak4x4@home.com writes:

<< First off man, wow......jaw droping wow......I bet that Dak looks great.
How

does the Dak feel now after the 4"/2" Lifts and the 33s? Any handling

problems or anything else? Are you going to go get you Dak's front end

aligned now?How about performance-wise, did the 33's really kill the V6ers

power? Concerning the fender flares, I would just buy some flares which come

by the roll/ft and put em on, try Bushwacker or JC Whitney catalog for this.

Yep, got the front end alignment done...and with the 3.55 gears I did
definitely notice a decrease in RPM's, about 300 or so actually...my
speedometer reads 47 when I'm actually doing 55...(have a new speedo gear but
haven't had a chance to pop it in yet)...

however, the magnum is such a torquey engine that I really don't have too
much trouble cruising around town, pick-up is pretty good, its at highway
speeds going uphill you hafta downshift more often.

It definitely feels higher, (I can look down on the ROOFS of most SUVs and
minivans now) but corners well, maybe because the wheels are not only wider
but offset further out somewhat as well...I still LAUGH out loud everytime I
look at it now, its such a huge change. I guess I'm still in denial...I
definitely got a good laugh today at the gas station when I tried to squeegee
the windshield and could barely reach the center!

All my neighbors crane their necks towards my driveway now when they drive
by...it stands OUT from traffic! Lifted Ferds n' Chebbys and Toys are a dime
a dozen, but the Daks get noticed!!

Dave Kilian -- Clayton, NC
'96 Dakota CC Sport 4x4 3.9L 5-spd
4" TM susp. lift, 2" Body lift, 33" BFG MT's, Brush guard w/ Hellas, Tow
hooks, Tool Box, Sunroof, Cobra 18 CB, 4' Firestik II, Alpine 6-disc CD
Changer/Head Unit/amp, JBL speakers, Rhode Gear bike mount, Saris roof rack,
custom-welded rock rails, and a white dog named Jake in the passenger seat.
84,000+ miles.