Re: Re: TRAILMASTER Update-Cuttin' the Fenders!!!

From: Killerdak@aol.com
Date: Tue Nov 23 1999 - 13:04:27 EST

In a message dated 11/23/99 12:28:00 PM, NVMYDakota@aol.com writes:

<< Well I was also thinking of using Gen 3 Dak Fender Flares (R/T ones) on my
93
2wd, I was gunna ask how you all thought they might look, are the wheel wells
alot bigger on newer dakotas? >>

They're definitely wider by maybe a couple inches or so, that's why I was
thinking of using them after I trimmed a bit off the sides...there would
definitely be cutting involved. Also, I noticed in front they are shorter on
the front half where they meet the body molding from the bumper..which is
fine for me 'cause I can just REMOVE any sheet metal below this point!

AHHHH!!! It's so liberating to take a Sawzall to your truck!!!!!!!!

Dave Kilian -- Clayton, NC
'96 Dakota CC Sport 4x4 3.9L 5-spd
4" TM susp. lift, 2" Body lift, 33" BFG MT's, Brush guard w/ Hellas, Tow
hooks, Tool Box, Sunroof, Cobra 18 CB, 4' Firestik II, Alpine 6-disc CD
Changer/Head Unit/amp, JBL speakers, Rhode Gear bike mount, Saris roof rack,
custom-welded rock rails, and a white dog named Jake in the passenger seat.
84,000+ miles.