Re: To All 1st (and 2nd) generation Dak owners

From: SS454454@aol.com
Date: Tue Nov 23 1999 - 13:37:28 EST

In a message dated 11/23/1999 6:29:25 AM Pacific Standard Time,
clam9892@postoffice.uri.edu writes:

<< think the frame may be bent. does
 anyone know how to check for a bent frame? >>

You need to get a tape measurer and measure the corners in a X pattern. TZhe
distance from corner to corner should be the smae. Also look for obvious bend
in the frame or cracks. The frame should be the same if you measure the
frame in a H < this way > insrtead of the X. Sight along the frame and see
if you can see any vaving or bowing. Look ath the cab mounts and see if they
were bent or squished at all. I can measure my 4x4 In a X and give you my
measurements. Its a extra cab short bed but i think the frame was the same
for all the cab abd bed were differnet for models but i think the frame
stayed the same.
Rob
Rob