Re: Gtech pro

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 23 1999 - 23:45:51 EST

On Tue, 23 Nov 1999, Sam Parthemer wrote:

> It still exists, and we are trying to get it together.
> Jon is working on a 'list' I believe, and
> we should have it up and running shortly. Also,
> there's talk of having a 'map' to show where the GTECH
> is in the states, and where it's been.
>
> Jon, anything to add??

   I'll see if I can get a page put together today. Steven,
when you're done with it, you can just send it right to me, and
I'll start it off. Bernd sent me the manual for safekeeping, and
I've printed out the PDF file from his site. I plan to include
the printed PDF file with the G-tech and keep the actual manual
with me. That way, if the instructions start to get too ratty,
we can just print out a fresh set, and if anything happens to the
PDF file, we can just make another.

   How is it currently packaged? I was thinking that if it were
possible, maybe the best thing to do would be to get a block of
foam, and carve out a place for the g-tech and the bracket, such
that it would be small enough to send in a Priority Mail video
mailer (which are free from the post office). So, when someone
gets it, and they want to send it on, they just go to the post
office, get a video mailer, put the G-tech in the foam "sandwich",
and slide it into the box. That way, it'll only cost $3.20 to mail
it anywhere in the US, and it'll arrive in about 3 days, regardless
of distance. The video mailer might be too small to adequately
protect it though, I don't know.

                                              -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota V8, '96 Suzuki Intruder 1400, '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |