Re: Larger Oil Filter-NO CAN DO!

From: Mag318Racr@aol.com
Date: Wed Nov 24 1999 - 01:36:19 EST

In a message dated 11/23/99 1:06:06 PM Eastern Standard Time,
macncheesemonster@hotmail.com writes:

<< First, FRAM filters are junk. As for getting the filter off... its
slightly
 on the messy side sometimes but I just hammer an old screwdriver threw the
 filter and turn. Sure, you get two holes in the filter but your throwing it
 out anyway.

If you're installing it that tight, that seems like you're over torquing it.
I have always gone with gasket contact plus at least a half a turn. And I am
able to break it loose with my hands after 5K. I agree, Fram filters are
garbage. WIX all the way ...

Kelly in SC
'96 5.2 CC