4.7L TB

From: Barret, Matt (MATT_BARRET@earthtech.com)
Date: Wed Nov 24 1999 - 09:43:49 EST

I got ballsy last night and removed my TB from my 4.7L. It only took about 5
minutes, just 3 screws on the TB, and remove the CC and throttle cable. Just
wanted to see what the intake mounting surface looked like. Well, looks like
the maximum diameter bore for the TB would be about 2.75" or 69.85mm. They
have eliminated the gasket style mounting surface and replaced it with an
O-ring style mount. The O-ring is mounted in a groove that is cut into the
mounting surface of the upper intake. The hole in the upper intake is 2.75"
in diameter and the o-ring groove will prevent any modification to the
diameter without big time engineering! The TB bore is 2.55" at the
butterfly, and it tapers out wider in front and behind the butterfly. So,
I'm thinking we could probably punch the TB out to 2.75" all the way
through, this would give us and increase from 64.77mm to 69.85mm Max.

Matt