Re: Re: Ignition choices?

From: Jason&Sarah (Jpm699@email.msn.com)
Date: Fri Nov 26 1999 - 03:34:06 EST

I had heard a post awhile back from when some contacted MSD about the same
problem you are speaking of. They said that it could be the stock computer
is causing the air/fuel mixture to run a little lean and could be corrected
by increasing fuel pressure or with an aftermarket computer. At least I
think that's what the response was, anyone care to comment?

Jason

>Just a comment or two. This usually turns into war but I hate to see folks
>waste money. I know of 3 proven cases where the aftermarket ignitions have
>hurt performance ( proven by 2 separate cases at the track and a 3rd by
>g-tech) Two of these were Jacobs Pro Streets and Mine is a MSD 6A. As I
have
>mentioned before I do use the MSD when running juice as I need to be able
>retard the timing but I have rigged up a setup (with a switch and a
sloenoid)
>where I can switch back to stock when not running juice. However I have the
>MSD Blaster 3 coil which I use with both ignitions. I have not proven a
gain
>or loss with just the coil but I feel there is a slight gain as I have my
>plugs gapped at .042 ( calls for .035) and I do not have any problems with
>miss fires which I did notice a little of before at top end. This may or
>maynot have been coil related ? But it does seem to work OK with it. The
6A
>and the Jacobs both resulted in about .2 and 2 mph loss in the 1/4 mile
using
>it and I can prove it at any time by flipping the switch. There have been a
>couple of occasions where I went racing and did some nitrous runs for
testing
>but did not use the nitrous for the bracket race and forgot to flip the
>switch and using a dial in of what I normally run off the juice and without
>the 6A and ended up running .2 and 2 mph off my dial and losing out. Jon
Has