Re: Re: Ignition choices?

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Fri Nov 26 1999 - 22:15:41 EST

In a message dated 11/25/99 10:55:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tigers@bserv.com writes:

<< I have not gone to any of the aftermarket complete systems because
 of the previous posts that I have read. If I went by magazine articles
 alone, I would have and probably would have regretted spending the
 money. For street driving, I have no complaints with the stock
 system. >>

Bob

I had a guy who sold me the Nitrous setup and owns a speed shop with a dyno
and flow bench, ect who has done a lot of testing on different things just to
challenge claims tell me that the aftermarket ignitons would not gain me a
thing and he sells them ???? I got it solely to be able to use the mopar
performance computer with the nitrous but I figured that it would probably
help on the motor also. After a noticeable loss at the track and on certain
hills that I could normally pull in OD, I did some testing and unhooked it at
the track I got my performance back. I have tried it several times since both
intentional and unintentional with the same results ??? The latest attempt
(based on info I received that stated MSD had found the problem and
recommended going to 24# injectors) It started but ran so rich at idle that I
had to shut it down and rtemove them. The stock ones seem to work OK ? ???

Bill