RE: Canadian import duty (was: JBA V6 header Group Buy)

From: Craig Baltzer (Craig.Baltzer@anjura.com)
Date: Sat Nov 27 1999 - 02:24:51 EST

Huuum, its NOT illegal for Revenue Canada Customs to open any package, and
they routinely do (and they even stamp the package to let you know they
opened it). Not saying what it is is fine, the worst that can happen is that
they open it, find out what it is, estimate the cost, and charge you the
duty/taxes. Make a false declaration and you may help pay off the national
debt after they seize it...

FYI, FedEx, UPS, etc. will all require a declaration form to be attached to
the package going across the boarder before they will accept it for
shipment. No one says that the value you declare it as has to be "right on"
(wink, wink)...

Craig