RE: Tow hooks???

From: Norah Bleazard (nbleazard@home.com)
Date: Mon Nov 29 1999 - 06:40:56 EST

I've had the Mopar Tow Hooks installed and find them great. Personally, I
found they looked a bit strange at first, but they grow on you. As for
strength... they are bolted on to a bracket assembly, which in turn is
bolted onto the bumper mounts. You will end up with the original bumper
mounts to hang onto if you wish. There was no drilling involved with my
setup. I've used the hooks more than once with absolutely no problems. One
thing... the opening for the tow strap is a little tight. I highly
recommend putting the strap on before going through any deep mud/water where
you think you may have a bit of a problem. Winch sounds like an even better
idea to me, but finances don't allow it at this time.

I also have the Mopar receiver hitch put on. Works great as well. All I do
is pull the pin out, insert the strap, put the pin back in (between the loop
of the strap), and away you go. Yes, Mopar parts are expensive, but in my
opinion only, they are well worth it for me.

Norah
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg Cab V6/3.9L/5spd