Header improvements on Track

From: ROBINSON (rrobinson@BCMS.CARTERET.K12.NC.US)
Date: Mon Nov 29 1999 - 12:16:06 EST

Has anyone actually done a time trial test on just a header modification to your Dakota? I was wondering what actual performance gain was being felt by swapping in a certain brand or type of header.

I was thinking of the Doug Thorley headers with the crossover pipe for my 96 with 3.55 gears, but if it isn't the significant of a gain, I may be better off with a gear swap instead when I do the sure-grip installation.

If you can, let me know the brand, style, cost, and performance gain felt.

I figure with all the drag racers, someone has figured out a time difference between them. There is nothing like real numbers!

Thanks,
Rob Robinson
'96 5.2 Sport 3.55