Unbelievable.....

From: Jon Winkelhake (jon_w@tjhale.com)
Date: Mon Nov 29 1999 - 16:23:50 EST

        Hey DML'ers, here's one for you: I was at a local AutoZone parts store the
other night, nosing around, and was looking at the Haynes' & Chiltons'
repair manuals. Minding my own business, one of the sales guys comes up and
says "Can I help you with something?" Well, at first I thought to myself
"No", but then I thought of getting a manual for a friend of mine who has a
'98 Club Cab for Christmas. (Still persuading him to join the list!)
        So I replied, "Yeah, do you have any of the Haynes or Chiltons for the
current Dodge Dakota, form '97 to '99?" Expecting a quick response, the guy
hesitated & said (I kid you not): "Um......Dodge Dakota......That's a truck,
right?" OH......MY......GOD........This guy is working at an AUTO PARTS
STORE, and he asks me THAT????? That's like going to the pharmacy, asking
for Tylenol, and being told "That's a drug, right?"
        Almost coming to tears after pinching myself so hard to keep from laughing,
I reluctantly said, "Yes...that's a truck....", and the guy proceded to look
for one, but no luck. By this time, my wife (who was with me), had doubled
over behind a stack of tires and was turning bright red in the face from
laughing. I turned around, and caught a glance of who I think was the store
manager (he had his hand over his face, shaking his head left to right.)
        Where do they get these people from???? And they're getting paid how
much??? No wonder the minimum wage doesn't get raised that often. Anyway,
food for thought.

Jon W.