RE: Unbelievable.....

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Mon Nov 29 1999 - 20:57:40 EST

Jon,
You must be in Texas, and most likely in the Austin area. I had a dialog
some time back with manager of an Autozone on the east coast and at first he
was very defensive of my comments. Then he found out I was in TX, and said
they had some problems here. I guess it's not a widely held secret.

OTOH, I recently spent nearly 2 hours at a new Autozone trying to find an
oil filter for an imported tractor with a very small diesel engine. The
manager was very knowledgeable and helpful. He went way out of his way to
find something for me and ended up going from one filter to the next with a
ruler to find one that matched what I had in hand. The filter I had with me
did not have a single English letter on it and none of the numbers cross
referenced anything else. This guy won my business! And yes, the filter fit
and works like a charm.

John
98 Dak 4X4 CC Sport, 5.2L, Auto, Mopar headers, F&B TB, DDBC, DML sticker