Re: Re: RE: RE: 4.7L Vs. 5.2L Ohhh Nooo. (Was - My Po'boy Pics)

From: SS454454@aol.com
Date: Mon Nov 29 1999 - 19:05:26 EST

In a message dated 11/29/99 3:26:35 PM Pacific Standard Time,
acolona@i-55.com writes:

<< okay, but after the usual bolt-ons, what else can you do to that ohc
engine? >>

Head work (port and polish ), When they make them different cam, id say
pretty much anything you have the $ for. Just because its a OHC motor it
doesnt mean they arent ready to be made better. BTW when your pushrod motor
starts wheezing at 4000 rpm the OHC design goes past that. Thats the good
thing anout the OHC they rev better and quicker than the ohc . At least thats
been my experience. Ive owned only pushrod motors, ( except for a QUAD 4
Oldsmobile) And i have to say the 4.7 is really surprised me. I like it very
much. t feels faster. probably all the extra noise
Rob