RE: Need info....

From: Densteadt, James (james.densteadt@eds.com)
Date: Wed Dec 01 1999 - 09:30:40 EST

Talk to a state trooper. In Michigan they seem to be the more knowledgeable
and sometimes more friendly than small town and county cops! I was pulled
over by one last summer and he explained that just the tinted license plate
cover was a problem but not illegal. More of a courtesy thing I
guess......more like a courtesy that I'm not going to remove it! Also small
town and county cops have a problem with window tinting...mine was 15% to
match the factory tint. But a trooper also pulled me over and just
explained it was hard for him to see in but never told me it was illegal.
You'd have to check with your DOT on that one for sure though or just call
around to the police departments!