Re: Car Amp Specs/Help

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 13:23:08 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: Russ Blahetka <rblahetka@mediaone.net>
To: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 1999 11:59 PM
Subject: Re: DML: Car Amp Specs/Help

> there isn't one part of my system that runs at 4ohms in my
truck...everything is
> 2 ohm or less...i run a phoenix gold amp so it can handle that abuse....if
you
> take your speaker wires from your amp and from one speaker on to the next
> (parallel wiring) with 2 4 ohm speakers your amp will see a 2 ohm
>load....hence your amp will make more power IF it is rated for handeling a
2 >ohm load...alot of amps don't and can literally burn up if not wired
>corectly....what amp are you looking at?
> Russ

Thanks for the info Russ and others,
I was just looking at some Pioneer amps, since all my other car audio in my
truck is Pioneer. I also was looking on Ebay and there are some
reconditioned Pioneer amps fairly cheap. If I did go with a Pioneer Amp, I
would spend the extra money and use all high quality installation
parts/cables since I was told that the installation hardware/wires/cables
are what really help out and make an amp do its best work. Will a 35x4 watt
amp really make a difference though in sound level/volume and sound clarity
or should I go with more watts?? I dont want anything really loud, just
louder and better sounding that what I currently have. I guess at this point
all I know is that I want a 4 channel amp!!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6; MSD 6-Offroad Ignition, MSD 8.5MM Super Conductors, Accel
Super Coil, Borg Warner Select Brass Cap/Rotor, Autolite Copper Plugs(.050),
Amsoil 2Stage Air Filter, Redline Watter Wetter, Cobra CB(8W), Firestik II
Antenna with SS Quick Disconnect, Pioneer DEH45DH, Pioneer 6.5" 2way
Speakers, Pioneer 5x7" 3way Speakers, Rhino Liner(double coated), Rancho
RS5000's with Urethane Bushings, Grill Brush Guard, Hella 500 6" Round
Driving Lights, Hella XL Low Beams, Tinted Windows All Around, Vent-Visors,
Overhead Console, Tool Box(Full Of Recovery Gear/Tools), Hidden Hitch Class
III, Amsoil in Front/Rear Diffs and in the NP321 Transfer Case