Re: Re: Throttle Bodies 5.9 & 5.2

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 14:33:36 EST

Let's get the terminology correct on this:

The screw is NOT a Idle Adjustment...it's a throttle stop adjustment.

Does it control the actual idle speed? No.
Can you adjust it to the point that it will affect the idle speed? Yes.
Should you mess with it by removing the factory cap? No...well...not
really. ;)

If you're running a modified TB, you may have to readjust the throttle stop
screw since the blades/shaft have been altered. Should you have to adjust
this at anytime on a stock TB...no.

- Bernd