Re: Throttle Stops vs. Idle adjustment screws

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 16:03:05 EST

Okay, I understand that. EPA regs did away with idle speed adjustments a
long time ago. That's why i was surprised to hear that there *was* an
adjustment screw. So, what should the idle speed be on an engine at
operating temperature? 5.2L? 3.9L? 4.7L?

If the idle is not at the correct idle speed and the AIS checks out as
functioning properly, should one adjust the idle speed through the
throttle stop adjustment? If not, what do you do?

TIA,

Richard in San Antonio