RE: Re: Throttle Stops vs. Idle adjustment screws

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 19:46:55 EST

I'm not sure about the rest of the engine/trans combinations...but my V6 is
set at 650-700 with a 5spd. (An Automatic will probably be slightly
higher.)

If the idle isn't where it should be and everything else checks out
ok...then you should have the dealer take a look at it (if it's under
warranty). Or...as a last resort...try to set it yourself with the throttle
stop screw. Since the computers are the ones that ultimately control the
idle speed, you may find that it will try to set the idle back to where it
wants it. (Just like trying to change the timing.)

- Bernd