Re: IFS vs.live axle

From: SS454454@aol.com
Date: Sun Dec 05 1999 - 14:54:24 EST

Ok had a good one happen to me today. My buddy came over to see how i was
doing and we got to talking. he said there is no better suspension for off
roading than the live axle. i told him bull. the live axle has its place
for rock crawls and articulation but for most part cant beat a IFS on rough
roads or smoothness. He got all bent and started to say i dnot know waht im
talking about and yadda yadda.
So hes basically saying the live axle is better in ALL cases than the IFS.
I say Live axle is good for articulation rock crawling and strenght, but a
IFS will whip it on rough roads and going fast over rough roads and
smoothness.. Ok IFS isnt a articulation kind nor does it claim to be, and
yeah its not as strong as a Dana 60 but what is? If IFS was so bad why do the
Baja desert runners use it when they could be using the so called stronger
Live axle?
Rob