Re: Traction Bars

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Mon Dec 06 1999 - 11:34:04 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: Peter L Anthony <panthony@pcn.com>
To: Dak List <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
Sent: Monday, December 06, 1999 9:50 AM
Subject: DML: Traction Bars

> Is anyone using Rancho's Traction Bars? I need something to stop this damn
> axle wrap!!! And tomorrow I bolt on the 33's so it's gonna be even worse!

Peter,
Just curious, but with your lift for the rear of your Dak, wouldnt happen to
be using lift blocks would you?? I know several owners of lifted trucks, one
of them being a Dakota owner, and they all told me the blocks arent worth
it. They all claimed spring wrap was terrible. For the rear lift, they all
went to a spring shop and had custom leaf springs made for the lift height
they desired along. By going the custom route, you can create a
softer/harder ride with/without more articulation or do just about anything
you want. The customj spring route will cure rear spring wrap on lifted
trucks with larger-than-stock sized tires.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6