Water In Oil (Was: 4.7 Owners Please Check this)

From: Nate Johnson (natedak2k@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Dec 06 1999 - 17:13:32 EST

W --- T --- F !!!!!!!! THIS IS NOT COOL! I just finally got a chance to
run out and look at mine and OH MY GOD! I pulled the filler cap off and
looked in there! THAT S$#T SUCKS! I've got a yellowish, greenish,
greyish sludge all the way around the filler neck (not just the front) and
down almost to where I can't see the end (about 6 or so inches down the
neck) When I took the cap off there's beads of water all coating the
inside of the neck and the inside of the cap which ran down out of sight
when I opened it! (from disturbing it I suppose!). THIS IS WAY NOT COOL!
I'm calling my dealer about this NOW! Just so I've got some ammo, what
kind of damage can having water in my oil do to my engine?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I can't believe this!!!

BTW - Thanks for the heads up Rick! I've changed my oil twice already (at
5000 miles now) and have not noticed this before!

Nate.

=====
Nate, Ogden UT
00 Dakota CC 4X4, LSD, 3.92 Rear, 4.7L/287ci, Po'boy cold air w/ K&N, Forest Green, Extang BlackMax Tonneau
"D2K"