Water In Oil (Was: 4.7 Owners Please Check this)

From: Rick Pargeter (rparge@teleport.com)
Date: Mon Dec 06 1999 - 23:41:06 EST

This really is bad. The more I think about it, the more it bothers me. There
is no breather on this - it's sealed up tight, and it sits right in the air
stream - keeping it cool. I really thought I had a blown head gasket when I
first saw it, and it is gray as far as you can see down the tube, with water
dripping off the top inside of the cap when I took it off. And I drive 25
miles / day each way to work @ 60 MPH - plenty of time to get warmed up.

Rick
2000 SLT+ 4.7 Auto Black / Silver