Re[2]: RE: didn't get s-bolt/gasket

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Mon Dec 06 1999 - 21:53:51 EST

<<Then I've done some bonehead things too (like forgetting to put the oil
drain plug back in and causing an oil spill in the level of the Exxon
Valdez) in the past....>>

Yeah well, how about listening for something rattling under the hand-me-down
car (don't know why my parents wouldn't let me tinker with their cars ;-).
Thing is, it only made the noise when moving in reverse. Sooooo smart boy that
I am, I open the door put her in reverse and stick my head out/under the door
to give a listen... I remember saying Hi to mom when she returned from the
grocery store, but didn't realize she had parked behind me in the driveway
until the door of my beater flattened the here-to-for rounded metal wheel
flares of her new car! DOH!

So what do I win? :-)
Tom