Re: I lived in Rockford --ONCE-- was snow

From: Tim (magnum318@bewellnet.com)
Date: Mon Dec 06 1999 - 21:55:38 EST

 Hey Mark, I lived in Rockford for 4 years when I was married. I still
remember having to bring in my car battery back in 1980 when they had record
temps in the (minus)- 75 and -80's below O. Does the city STILL NOT let a
person use studded snow tires on their vehicles, because it tears up the
roads? Yeah right, as if Rockford had any good roads. And using all that
SALT instead of sand so a person has a 100 year old car in 5 years, because
of the rust-thru. Man, am I glad I now live in Colorado. A person can make a
lot of good money with a 4-by in Rockford when they have those freezing snow
storms.
     Tim Roller
'95 SLT+ CC 5.2 Auto 3/4 R/T
Emerald Green