Re: RE: Oil In Water Update #2

From: Nate Johnson (natedak2k@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Dec 07 1999 - 17:05:32 EST

I was just lookin' at mine again (It's makin' me nervous and I can't stop
thinking about it!) There's already a breather on there that goes back to
the back of the TB area! What good will another breather do? They keep
tellin' me that waters not getting into my oil but I'm having a really
hard time believing it! I can literally watch the beads of water fall
down the sides of the tube and dissapear into the netherworld! This
really sucks! I talked to my service manager again, he said he was gonna
make some phone calls and see if he could get the issue pushed a little
harder. I voiced my concerns about long-term engine damage etc and he was
sympathetic, so maybe I'll get a good fix for this!

Nate.

>On Tue, 7 Dec 1999, Barret, Matt wrote:
>
>> Nate, my dealer called me and said the same thing, No fix yet, but they
>>are
>> aware of it. I'm gonna drill an 1/8" hole in the top of the filler cap,
>>and
>> see if that will cure it!!
>> Matt
>>
>> Matt,
>>
>> When you drill that hole, you should probably stick a piece of tubing
>>in there and bend it down, then zip-tie it to the tube or something.
>>(So water can't drop down into the hole, but air can still vent through
>>the tube.) Might not be a bad idea to use some silicon or something
>>to seal around the tube on the top of the cap too.

                                              -Jon-

=====
Nate, Ogden UT
00 Dakota CC 4X4, LSD, 3.92 Rear, 4.7L/287ci, Po'boy cold air w/ K&N, Forest Green, Extang BlackMax Tonneau
"D2K"