Re: V6 Supercharger (ATTN: Dester)

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Thu Dec 09 1999 - 08:12:21 EST

In a message dated 12/9/99 12:55:16 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Dester223@aol.com writes:

> Hey. How did you get Twin Turbos on there? Another DMLer told me i should
> gut 2 turbos off a old Daytonas and turn the manifolds around so they
point
> towards the front of the engine. Could you please tell me how you hooked
> yours up? I want an 11s dakota too! ! ! i have a 97 cc v6 auto with a
few

> mods. Hell. I won't be greedy. 12 or 13s dakota would be cool with me. I
> gotta whoop up on these damn 5.0 mustang boyz and 89 iroc-z cameros!
> -Dester

Get a supercharger. Nick ran those times with a supercharger (the one I
bought off of him, I might add) As well as one hell of a shot of N20!! Twin
turbos would be fun, but do you really want to go through all that trouble??
You have to buy 2 turbos, build custom headers, custom make an intercooler,
gotta worry about clearance and heat problems, custom exhaust running all the
way back, among numerous other things. And it will cost you a fortune. The
supercharger will bolt right on with minimal modification, comes with
everything you need, and installs in about 6-8 hours. Not onlythat but you
have no turbo lag, and you have less parts, making it more reliable. I have a
powerdyne kit but vortech makes them too. Just buy a kit for a V8...all the
brackets and everything are exactly the same. My truck now runs low to mid
14's (feels like it anywayz, need to get to the track to confirm this)

-Austin
SuperVipertruck