RE: Re: 4.7 Owners Please Check this

From: Nate Johnson (natedak2k@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Dec 10 1999 - 13:32:42 EST

my drive to work is 12 miles out and 12 back with a few short trips
in-between and on the weekends. Could be the culprit? Right now my
sevice guy is giving me free "frequent" oil changes until they come up
with a fix.
(Not to shabby for now!). He also advised me to ask for the 100,000 mile
warr. on at least the engine. Said I'd more than likely get it. That's
my next step.

An idea - So, is it the length or presence of the filler tube that's
causing this problem in the first place? What if the filler tube was
somehow eliminated or drastically shortened, maybe relocated? Would this
help? Of course I wouldn't have a clue on how to accomplish any of this,
jsut throwin' ideas around!

<<snip snip>>
>What does this mean? In practicality, it probably means those of you
with
>4.7L engines will probably have to drive 15 miles to burn out the water
as
>opposed to the 10 miles for us 5.2L guys (I just pulled those numbers out
>of
>my butt to make an illustration, btw).
>
>Question: For those of you who have a lot of sludge build-up in your
>filler
>tube, do you make mostly short trips around town? For those of you with
>no
>sludge build-up, what is your average length of trip? Maybe we can
figure
>out how far you have to drive before that H2O gets burned up......
>--

=====
Nate, Ogden UT
00 Dakota CC 4X4, LSD, 3.92 Rear, 4.7L/287ci, Po'boy cold air w/ K&N, Forest Green, Extang BlackMax Tonneau
"D2K"