Re: Now: Would you get a 4.7 again, Was: Emulsion in the oil filler tube

From: Frank Johnson (frankwjohnson@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Dec 11 1999 - 11:47:44 EST

I've got a 4.7, and if i was out to get a truck right now, i'd get a '99
318. Then wait a year or so until going for the 4.7 engine.
In my opinion the 4.7 IS A BETTER ENGINE!!!! It's lighter, and has 5 more
hp than the 318 (with 5 less lbs-ft torque but o well). And it's better on
gas, a little.
But, they do not have all the bugs worked out of either the engine or the
tranny. I'm pretty pissed about being a guinea pig, especially the one
given cancer in his transmission. As well, anyone that ordered a 2000 and
waited like 6-8 weeks like i did, can testify that they were pushing orders
through faster than they should have been.
but maybe towards the end of the production year they'll be getting better??
With my experience over the last month, i would advise anyone to wait off on
buying the 4.7.

Ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiip!!!!!!!!! (the sound of the flame suit gettin zipped up.)

Frank WJ