Re: transmission info

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sat Dec 11 1999 - 14:34:12 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: <FalRan66@aol.com>
To: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
Sent: Saturday, December 11, 1999 1:04 PM
Subject: Re: DML: transmission info

> go to parts store and they will have filter and gasket,dont know part
number
> but just tell them ur truck year ect... plus i would only use mopar
> transmission fluid, i heard to many problems with people using not mopar
oil
> and screwing the tranny up. or i heard mobil has a synthetic trany oil, my
> father is gonna put it in his 99 dak, he tows with it so he changes it
more
> offen.

I have to disagree. I have changed my tranny fluid, filter, cleaned the pan
etc. every year or about every 30,000 miles. No special tranny fluid
additives, tranny fluids "flushes" or any other type of special treatment.
Depends on how much towing or hauling I do in the that year. I do have a HD
Tranny cooler on my Dak, which is meant for a 1ton Chevy. I have never had
ANY tranny related problems with mine, now at 115,000 miles. I have not used
Mopar ATF, but I have used ATF which was 7176 ATF+ certified. When it comes
down to it, just make sure you use whatever kind of AFT your application
calls for.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6