Re: Re: 4.7 Owners Please Check this

From: BoogYT1300@aol.com
Date: Sat Dec 11 1999 - 18:20:49 EST

In a message dated 12/11/99 7:31:23 AM Pacific Standard Time, rap777@juno.com
writes:

<< Sounds reasonable *if* the filler tube is the problem. However, since you
 are able to see the problem with the filler tube, if you remove the tube
 and the problem still exists (because something else is the culprit), you
 may think the problem is resolved and not realize it still exists until
 you (personally, not Jiffy Loob), change the oil. Not trying to whiz on
 your cheerios, just trying to think along with you on this.

I always have changed my own oil. I'm lazy, but I am more of a cheapskate
than I am lazy.
Yeah is this gonna solve the problem or is it just "out of sight out of
mind". Good point. I wonder if the 239/318's do this too, we just dont see
it. There is a nice shield over the rockers in the valve cover. I never saw
any gunk inside of the caps on my 92. Hmmm.
One of the guys on the XJ list insulated his and the problem is not as bad.
I'll find out more monday.
ttyl
Boog