Re: Re: Re:Best throttle bodies?-attn Frank

From: TommFern@aol.com
Date: Sat Dec 11 1999 - 18:59:45 EST

 Frank,
     I noticed your post concerning air velocity on the t-bodies. However,
woudn't going with more cubes and compression make up for the increased
diameter? I could understand losing some power at part throttle,but at WOT
isn't the PCM only going off of already established tables anyway? If one
could boost airflow with accompanying increase in fuel via regulator and
larger inj. (like I have) couldn't one tune for WOT and than have the O2
sensor adjust fuel for part throttle conditions.
   This has been my whole philosophy for tuning my mods. My theory was that
the computer would decrease pulse width to adjust for part throttle with the
large injectors, but would not "see" them at WOT because of its reverting to
fuel tables. Therefore, I would go to the track, tune fuel press for best
MPH, and then let the PCM/O2 sensor do the rest on the way back home. My
air/fuel ratio meter was used to confirm the WOT runs. If I backed off on
fuel press my sensor would go lean. If I increased pressure it would return
to being rich.
   No doubt PCM work would help, but I gotta tell you this motor runs so
strong right now. I question if PCM work would be very cost effective for me.
Do you think I'm leaving much behind here with the MP PCM?
Tom(11s dak)