Re: Best throttle bodies? Quick D is!!

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sun Dec 12 1999 - 00:43:19 EST

Also speaking for either personal or "recommended" experience:

(1) Magnum Performance: Expensive...yes. But worth every penny. (I own one
of his "V6 Specials")
Performance Features: Smoother acceleration, Hellacious bottom end torque
and it pulls hard up to 5100rpm, and a 1.5 MPG increase.

(2) Quick-D: Reliable service, Excellent workmanship, and a very nice guy
to talk with over the phone. (Don't own one but have spoken with many who
do and they are very satisfied with the product.)

(3) F&B: All past personal experiences put aside, nice workmanship and the
delivery time problem seems to have been fixed. (Installed one on a buddies
'98 5.2l Sport)
Performance Features: Smoother acceleration, Much improved top end, and an
approximate 1mpg increase.

(4) R&D: Only seen one of his older models on a 5.2 and didn't have a chance
to inspect it up close. (Heard from another person that the blades came
loose because of the way they were attached. Then, heard from another
person who just received one and it seems that this problem was fixed.)

The reason for personally paying the extra money for the Magnum Performance
model was that I wanted something specifically for my truck...a hand built,
personal touch TB. Would I recommend any of the others...of course. It's
personal preference who you choose, but it just depends on what you want.

The ONLY way to tell which one is the best over all is to setup a controlled
DYNO Test with each TB. I'll even pay for the Dyno tests if it means that
we can finally put this to rest.

Hmmmm...A "Battle of the Throttle Bodies" Challenge!! Now all we need is an
Un-Biased Dyno shop to test them.

$0.02

- Bernd