Re: Sludge is back

From: BoogYT1300@aol.com
Date: Mon Dec 13 1999 - 21:30:12 EST

In a message dated 12/13/99 6:16:29 PM Pacific Standard Time,
t_strawderman@hotmail.com writes:

<< Well the yellow sludge is back, I cleaned it all out friday and today it
is
 back. I'm thinking it has something to do with it being in the air flow
 because I drove for 2 days around town (no highway) and there was nothing
 but two 10 mile trips to work @ highway speeds and it is back. Doesn't make
 sense, never seen anything like it. A couple of friends have looked at it
 and said the cool air could be a problem given the size of the filler. But
 I did force the dealer to document it in the computer that I am having the
 problem. At least I see NO sign of water on the dip stick and NO oil in the
 coolant.

They told me that it may be due to the aluminum heads, which dissipate heat
faster than cast iron ones (on the A engs.). Therefore you must run it
longer to get the engine to vaporize the water in the air that is taken in.
I say its a design flaw. Have an oil analysis done. We have to stick
together on this one. We need a lawyer too.
Boog