Re: Re: Cab cutting

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Mon Dec 13 1999 - 22:09:35 EST

I couldn't keep the sheet metal if i tried. It wasn't easy to cut. Metal
came out in PIECES, not a whole panel.. and it's the same size as the back
seat cushion piece. Unless you peeled the seat back, or took it out, you
can't see the hole from the inside..
-Dester

<< Hey, Jacko, I intend to win a bunch of sound-offs, but I won't be cutting
 my cab to do it ;O) I very strongly considered this when my 99 R/T was on
 order, and putting 3 15s in the bed. When I got it, I couldn't bear to do
 it, so a 15 is going into each side panel with lots of fiberglass and
 custom vinyl work to the stock side panels. Dester, your buddy should
 just buy a cheap boxliner to cover up the bed hole. If he still has the
 metal that was cut out (I would never throw that away), he could just
 re-attach it by any number of methods, spray bomb over it and the plastic
 boxliner would cover it up. Same goes inside the cab, but some carpet
 along the back wall would disguise the hole. Of course, the new owner
 won't like what he finds, but that's the risk of buying used.......