Re: Axle Fluid.........A little long

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Mon Dec 13 1999 - 23:26:50 EST

My 93 Dak 'requires' 2.6pints in the front diff and 4.4 pints in the rear
diff. Both diffs as I remember did not take this large of amount when I
refilled them, but it was nice to have some extra just incase. I replaced
the nasty ole thick blue Mopar gear fluid with Amsoil 75W90 fluid about 2
years ago and change the fluid once a year now. Do a hill test if you can
before(with the stock fluid) and after(with the synthetic), put your Dak on
the top of a hill in neutral and roll it down the hill. After the Amsoil was
in both diffs(and tcase), my Dak went 60 yards(yes I really did measure!)
farther.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6