Re: Re[2]: Hi-Lift Jack/Accessories(Tom)

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Tue Dec 14 1999 - 11:50:42 EST

> It looks like Northern is selling the steel version, while the 4x4 shop is
> selling the cast ones... I'm almost positive the $52 one from Northern is
a 48"
> stamped steel hi-lift. Anyway, this is all kinda mute for me as I just
ordered
> one from Hi-Lift (Bloomfield Manufacturing) directly! :-) I paid $67.07
total
> for the 60" HL-605 all cast steel model. I think you got the models mixed
up
> (according to Hi-Lift anyway) as the models ending in 5 (the red ones) are
>the all cast steel models... Go to http://www.hi-lift.com/casting.htm to
see all
> the models. Summit was slightly higher (like a buck) so I figured I may
as well
> go straight to the horses mouth. ;-)
>
> I wish I had this when I was pulling stumps for my old man... I think it
would
> have been a heck of lot easier than the come-a-long I was using.
>
> Anyway, thanks for your help! I'll be looking for that pull-pal I saw in
the
> articles you posted next! :-)

Tom,
Thanks for the update and info. In my Northern catalog, they have 2 models
pictured. One is for $48.99 and the other is for $52.99. The cheaper has a
lift range of 37" while the more expensive one has a lift range of 47" and
weighs 3 pounds more and has a red handle on it.......hmmmm
confusing......On their website, the 604 has an all black design with a red
handle and the 605 has an all red design with a black handle. Just curious,
but why the 605 over the 604? I cannot make up my mind of which one to get.
I really think the all cast jack would be more heavy duty, compared to the
cast/steel jack.Ok, I just called Northern and they told me that the $52.99
one is for the 604 60" Model, which would be the Steel/Cast model,
correct??!!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6