Perma-Cool fans

From: Phil Jenkins (bugnik@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Dec 14 1999 - 17:42:34 EST

Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 12:06:02 -0800 (PST)
From: J McKinney <bigmopar4x4@yahoo.com>
Subject: DML: Perma-Cool fans

Is anybody out there using Perma-Cool electric fans??
found this site:
http://www.permacool.com/Catalog/Cat_page16.html
and noticed that their "specs" seemed a little better
than
the Flex-a-lite fans (by the way, thanks again GS).

They show a Turbo-Flex 12" fan that if you used two,
would
move more air Vs. the Flex-a-lite 220. The Perma Cool
12"
(model 19008) moves 1650 cfm (3300 for 2) @2400 rpm
and
only draws 7.5 amps.
The Flex-a-Lite moves 2500 (for both) cfm and draws
about
20 amps.

The extra 800 cfm and 5 less amps seems pretty good.
The
only draw back I can see is that it has a mounting
depth of
3 3/4" compared to 2 1/4". Would there be enough
clearance
for these to fit??

=====
There is about 4 1/4 inches from the radiator to the
stud that the stock fan bolts on to. It should fit
without any problem. I think someone on the list is
using a Perma-cool inside the stock shroud. Maybe a
16" or an 18"? Hope this helps.

=====
Phil
Havana IL