Re: Filler tube over-reaction??

From: BoogYT1300@aol.com
Date: Tue Dec 14 1999 - 22:00:05 EST

In a message dated 12/14/99 1:06:22 PM Pacific Standard Time,
frankwjohnson@hotmail.com writes:

<< Well, i live in Windsor, Ontario which has a very high percent humidity
 almost all the time. It's been hovering just above freezing for the past 2
 weeks. And i've put about 1500 miles on the Dak in about a month of owning
 it.
 I checked the filler tube on this past Sunday and they only thing i could
 see was a very thin ring of yellowy grease/sludge/oil. I doubt very highly
 that this small amout of foreign material could possibly do any damage to my
 engine.
 From all the posts the amount of sludge seems to be much worse from some of
 you folks out there, but mine is not a concern to me.
 And given the fact that i live in a high-humidity area, i don't see why
 ohers in drier regions of the continent would have more water vapour in
 their filler tubes????
 So are those of you that are getting ready to go out and spend your own
 money and fix this problem, are you paranoid about damaging the engine or
 does there really appear to be a large enough buildup to hurt the motor?

Frank, imagine your whole oil filler tube covered with this sludge, then
seeing big yellow bubbles at the bottom of the tube.
ITS NORMAL!!!!
Boog