Re: Plug wires, belt squeaks and dealerships

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed Dec 15 1999 - 20:25:57 EST

> Just picked my truck up from the dealership after having the plug wires
> re-routed and having them check out my squealing belt.
>
> Too early to tell on the re-route as I haven't been on the highway yet,
but the
> dealership didn't have any problem doing the work with the Magnecore wires
> bought... I thought they might 'cause they are a little larger than stock
and
> can be difficult to get in and out of some of the stock wire looms.
>
> They checked out the belt and felt that it was defective so they replaced
it
> under warranty --Squeak gone, me happy! :-)

Even better Tom you didny have to pay for the belt after all eh?? Now why
were you compaining about finding a belt awhile back if your Dak is still
under warranty....geesh the nerve of some people!! :)
Good to hear the squeak is gone though Tom, as a defective belt could leave
you stranded somewhere unpleasant and it could break unexpectedly. Good to
hear all is well....gotta let me know how the bid ol' 60" Hi-Lift work when
you get it in; maybe then you can talk me into just ordering it finally and
stop putting it off!!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6