Strange codes = bad computer?

From: Christopher L Scott (clscott@cse.Buffalo.EDU)
Date: Fri Dec 17 1999 - 01:54:55 EST

I have noticed something strange gong on with my 94 Dak Sport V6. The
last few times I have read the Check Engine codes, it has flashed the "12"
code. This is the code for powere (battery)interuption within the last 50
key cycles. I know for a fact the battery has nopt been disconnected. Is
the computer really losing backup power for some other reason? Or is it
giving me a faulty code? It is worthwhile to note that I have gotten
intermittent check engine lights, before it was for the O2 sensor which I
just replaced, tonight I got one for the EGR I think (code 32). On both
these occasions, the light has not come on agian after the truck has been
shut off and restarted. This seems to me to suggest the computer might
really be losing backup power. Why else would the code be there, then
gone when I shut it off? Has anyone else experienced this?
                                Christopher Scott